Q: What is TechProtect?
A: TechProtect is a comprehensive electronics protection plan that covers all of the most popular electronic devices: phones, tablets, laptops, computers, TVs, and gaming consoles from accidental damage.
Q: Who is covered under the TechProtect plan?
- All members of your immediate household. Dependent children that reside out of the household are covered while actively enrolled in a full time educational program.
Q: When is my TechProtect plan effective?
- If you enroll during open enrollment, the plan becomes effective on the effective date of your benefits.
- Your plan is effective on the date you enroll. There is a 30-day waiting period to request service.
Q: How do I enroll in TechProtect?
- Visit your employer's site to enroll in a few easy steps.
- Within 30 days after enrolling in the program, you will receive a “Welcome to TechProtect” email with your certificate of insurance attached.
- The welcome email will provide instructions and a link to the Tech Protect Service portal.
- Once you create an account, you will be able to log into the following services:
- Retrieve and download your certificate of insurance detailing coverage under the TechProtect program.
- Access customer service and request service on your device.
- Access frequently asked questions about the program.
Q: What devices are covered under my TechProtect plan?
- Mobile Phones
- Laptop Computers
- Desktop Computers
- Gaming consoles
Q: What are some examples of items that are not covered under the plan?
- Wearable devices
- Stereo equipment
- Sound bars
- Certain accessories such as mouse, stylus, keyboards, external drives, software or media, etc.
- Any device not listed under the above covered devices.
Q: What type of damage is covered under my TechProtect plan?
- Unexpected and unintentional accidental damage including drops, liquid spills or submersion
- Power surge or lightening damage
Q: What type of damage is not covered under my TechProtect plan?
- Type of damage is not covered under my TechProtect plan?
- Intentional damage
- Mechanical Breakdown
- Cosmetic damage such as minor scratches or dents that do not affect the operation of the device.
- Loss to Covered Property permanently contained on or permanently installed in watercraft, aircraft, spacecraft or motor vehicles licensed for highway use
- Loss of data, personal information, video, audio ring tones, contact lists, video, screen savers or other files; and Media
Q: How much is my device covered for?
- Devices less than three years old are valued at replacement cost
- Devices older than 3 years are valued at actual cash value
Q: Is my device covered if I travel outside of the United States?
A: Yes, however damage due to power surge outside of the United States is not covered.
Q: What is the per Occurrence Deductible?
A: The maximum amount you will pay out of pocket for a covered claim.
Q: What is the per Occurrence limit?
A: The maximum amount we will pay for each incident for each claim covered per device per occurrence.
Q: What is the Annual limit?
A: The maximum amount we will pay for all covered events during a one-year period.
Q: What are my TechProtect payment options?
A: Credit or Debit card
Q: What forms of payment are accepted?
A: Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover
Q: When is payment due?
A: Your payment will be deducted on a monthly basis (5 days prior to your renewal date) and will appear as Generali Insurance or Extended Warranty on your billing statement.
Q: Are there any processing fees?
A: Yes, the below fees will cover the processing of your applicable payment card.
Monthly Processing Fee is $2.25
TechProtect Claims Submission
Q: How do I submit a claim?
A: Simply log into your account on the TechProtect service portal or call 888-557-2501.
- Select File a Claim. Complete the claim form and attach pictures of the damaged product and any required documentation (if applicable).
- Submit the claim to us electronically through the service portal or via email.
- You will receive an acknowledgement email that your claim has been received.
- We will review your claim form and submitted documentation. If any information is incomplete or additional information is required, you will receive a request for additional information by email from us in 1-2 business days.
- Once we review the information surrounding your claim, we will issue you either a Service Authorization or a claim denial.
- In the case of a claim denial, we will explain exactly why the claim has been denied according to the certificate of insurance coverage and/or exclusions as well as sending you a denial letter via email.
- In the case your claim is approved, you will receive a Service Authorization.
- The Service Authorization will specify a pre-approved dollar limit that will entitle you to repair the product locally should the repair cost be equal to or less than the preapproved limit.
- Once your product is repaired, you will submit a copy of your repair invoice for final claim approval and reimbursement by us.
- You will receive your reimbursement, less any applicable deductible, within 10 business days of final claim approval.
- Should the repair exceed the Service Authorization limit we will require you to obtain a repair estimate from your local repair company, which must be submitted to us for consideration.
- We will evaluate and determine if the product should be repaired or we may elect to pay you a cash settlement (less any applicable deductible) in lieu of repair.
- If we determine the product can be repaired, we will issue you a Service Authorization for the appropriate amount. Once your product is repaired, you will submit a copy of your repair invoice for final claim approval and reimbursement by us.
- If we offer a cash settlement in lieu of repair, you will receive your reimbursement less any applicable deductible within 10 business days of final claim settlement.
TechProtect Device Repair
Q: What are my device repair options?
- You have 2 repair options available to you:
- You may choose to find a local repair company that is convenient for you.
- To ensure fast repair of your mobile electronics and computer products, we offer you the option to have the unit repaired locally at a repair company of your choice once you receive.
- TechProtect will find a local repair company for you.
- If you cannot locate a local repair company or prefer not to find one yourself, we will assist you in obtaining service or locating a provider. Please call 888-557-2501 if you wish initiate this process.
Q: How should I handle television (or large device) repair?
A: For other electronic products such as televisions, we may refer you to one of the authorized providers in our network for carry in mail in or onsite service. Please call 888-557-2501 if you wish initiate this process.
TechProtect Cancellation or Non-payment
Q: What do I do if I want to cancel my TechProtect plan?
A: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 888-557-2501 if you wish to cancel.
You will receive written confirmation of your cancellation indicating the date that your coverage will end.
Q: What happens if my credit card is unable to be processed?
A: You will automatically receive an email requesting updated credit card information. No claims can be processed until payment is received.
You will have 5 days prior to the [billing period] [end of the month] to update your information to ensure no lapse in coverage.
Failure to pay the required premium will result in cancellation of your TechProtect plan.
Q: Whom do I contact for any service or claim dispute related questions?
A: You may contact email@example.com
or call 888-557-2501 for any service and/or claim related inquiries.
Q: Whom do I contact for any enrollment related questions?
- You may contact your employer for questions regarding the enrollment process.
- You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-557-2501 for any technical support questions related to your enrollment.
Q: Whom do I contact for any TechProtect plan or coverage related questions?
A: You may call 866-643-6031 for any coverage related or plan specific questions relating to the TechProtect plan Monday through Friday (9 am to 5 pm EST).
~ For more information, please see the Sample Certificate of Insurance.